Tuesday, May 27, 2008

hmmmmmm

So I just had a very surreal experience. I am at work. I walk down the hallway to the restroom and as I enter the restroom I happened to be humming. About 10 seconds later I hear someone else humming. This freaks me out and I look around the restroom to make sure there is no one hiding in the trash can. Negative. No creeper in the trash- its just me and an echo? I look at the drain and wonder if somehow my hummmming has reverberated through the drain pipes? That's weird, I thought. Then I hear the toilet flush in the restroom next door, the men's restroom that is! So I am washing my hands wondering what in the world this person who responded to my humming looks like. I assume it's the woman who works in the cubicle next to mine, who hums often and has a bum foot (so she uses the men's restroom cause it's closer). I linger over the sink, arguing with myself whether I want to confront this person or not... I decide to go for it... I exit the restroom and just as I cross the men's door... the man comes out and no its not the woman who works next to me, its a man, whom I've never seen before, wearing a black and white bowling shirt and has white hair. I couldn't bear look him in the eyes, but could feel his piercing look as he passed.

What strange things happen in this life.

No comments: